We have been asked by some of our readers about writing and how we come about writing as we do. We are not experts on writing. But what little we do know, we are happy to pass on:
1. Write often! Always write something. If you can, write at least one thing of substance each day. At work and at home, we read constantly to stay atop of the topics and things that are important and what is going on in the world.
2. If you are tasked with writing something, make sure your topic matters to you and that you understand it.
3. Write from your heart always.
4. As you speak, write. Make your writing reflect who you are as a person, plain and simply.
5. Proof read your work always.
6. If you are emotional about the topic you are writing on, then critically review what you’ve written, make the appropriate changes, proof read.
7. Words mean a lot. Make sure the words you use in your work make sense and are appropriate to the point you are trying to get across. Avoid vague descriptors if you can. Remember your intended readers.
8. Read, read, read. Read books, magazines, and other documents and articles. The more you read the better your writing will become. You will see other writers’ styles and you will inherently encorporate those styles that you like and admire into yours.
So dear friends, follow your passion and the leading of God our Father. If it is to start a blog, do it. Do not let time pass you by. Follow your passion and your interests. Come back and visit us when you get the chance. As always, be blessed and annointed of the Lord Most High.